"In the land of $49 burgers and $1,000-a-night hotel rooms, author Ethan Wolff shows that the adventurous budget traveler can still do the Big Apple in style. Written for residents as well as visitors, this guide has plenty of good clear maps and a chapter of free and cheap itineraries."
--San Francisco Chronicle
In New York City, the rich are still very rich. How can people have a good time in this high-cost city without going broke? This new edition of Frommer's NYC Free & Dirt Cheap delivers the answers. Discover where to find:
- Accommodations for free (using couch-surfing websites) or dirt cheap (at some unexpectedly posh hotels)
- Delicious meals, plenty under $5, in all the major neighborhoods
- Free attractions, including museums with free hours
- The best bars for happy hours, bars with free food, and BYO restaurants
- Free music clubs and performances, plus discounted Broadway tickets
- Affordable itineraries, from downtown to Coney Island
- Tips on affordable local living, including where to find free yoga classes, free art classes, free swimming pools, free therapy sessions, free TV tapings, and much more.