No Mind Left Behind: Understanding and Fostering Executive Control-- the Eight Essential Brain Skills Every Child Needs to Thrive
A top child psychologist explains the eight essential cognitive skills every child needs to thrive.
In this revolutionary new book, Dr. Adam J. Cox describes how to enhance learning by revealing the latest research on Executive Control Skills:
- Initiation-Organizing thoughts well enough to get started on a task
- Flexibility-Learning to adapt as situations unfold
- Attention-Focusing long enough to retain important information
- Organization-Managing space to promote forward momentum
- Planning-Managing time
- Working memory-Memorizing information long enough for it to be learned
- Self-awareness-Having both sufficient self-knowledge and an understanding of how one is seen by others
- Regulating emotions-Expressing feelings in proportion to the events that elicited them
Discussing each skill in detail, Dr. Cox offers tools and techniques to enhance every child's capability, including children diagnosed with special needs.
31 pages matching challenges in this book
Results 1-3 of 31
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: No Mind Left Behind: Understanding and Fostering Executive Control--The Eight Essential Brain Skills Every Child Needs to ThriveUser Review - Renee Yesso - Goodreads
Helpful explanation of executive skills as it relates to helping children reach their potential and succeed. Read full review
Review: No Mind Left Behind: Understanding and Fostering Executive Control--The Eight Essential Brain Skills Every Child Needs to ThriveUser Review - Barbara - Goodreads
A very important and practical book for parents to read, preferably before their children start school. We cannot assume that children can just understand how to be motivated, initiate tasks and set goals. They ned to be taught those skill sets. Read full review
WHAT MAKES YOUNG MINDS TICK?
THE EIGHT PILLARS OF CAPABILITY
7 other sections not shown