Finding and fixing your year 2000 problem: a guide for small businesses and organizations
This is a high-level book that offers a hands-on approach to addressing and solving the year 2000 problem in the small enterprise (small businesses, schools, medical offices, home offices, etc.). It tells people how to actually diagnose and fix the problem. For the small enterprise, this is essential help since they often have little or no Information Systems (IS) experts available and resource options are more limited than with large organizations. The authors have created a comprehensive guide to ensuring the year 2000 problem is fixed for good by providing a general overview, details on specific categories of problems, types of technologies available, and how to test and modify solutions.
- Details on specific categories of the problem, consequences resulting from the problems in each category, and advice on how to check if the problem affects the organization
- Covers the types of technologies
- from spreadsheets to COBOL -- that are vulnerable and how to troubleshoot
- How to modify and test various types of systems (intranets, extranets, financial systems, etc.) to ensure the problem is solved
- Includes The Year 2000 Checklist: An appendix in spreadsheet format that gives a column listing each system or technology, and a row listing each specific Year 2000 problem
12 pages matching messages in this book
Results 1-3 of 12
What people are saying - Write a review
What ls the Problem?
Are You Affected?
What to Do?
26 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
MDC North Campus: Library - Newsletter Vol1 - Number 1
Finding and Fixing Your Year 2000 Problem: A Guide for Small Businesses and Organizations. Boston: AP Professional, 1998. ...
mdc.edu/ north/ library/ newsletter_vol1_num1.asp
The Year 2000 Problem: Offering Second Thoughts - New York Times
Barbara Butler and I have written a book on this subject (''Finding and Fixing Your Year 2000 Problem: A Guide for Small Businesses and Organizations'' (AP ...
query.nytimes.com/ gst/ fullpage.html?res=9E02E6DC153EF933A05757C0A96E958260
Do You Have a Year 2000 Problem? - September 1998 Family Practice ...
Finding and Fixing Your Year 2000 Problem: A Guide for Small Businesses and Organizations. J. Feiler. Boston: AP Professional; 1998. ...
www.aafp.org/ fpm/ 980900fm/ y2k.html