The Winning Spirit: Sixteen Timeless Principles That Drive Performance Excellence
Random House Publishing Group, Sep 27, 2005 - Business & Economics - 167 pages
Widely considered the best NFL quarterback of all time, Joe Montana personifies performance excellence and personal integrity both on and off the field. Yet the word most closely associated with him is not “winner”–it’s “leader.” Since his retirement a decade ago, he has become a popular motivational speaker sought out by corporations nationwide, speaking to capacity audiences as large as twenty thousand.
Now making his message available to a broader audience, Montana teams up with performance coach Tom Mitchell to extend to all areas of life the truths of success on the field. The Winning Spirit shows that ultimately performance excellence is fueled by personal integrity. This is the key to winning the inner game, which is about accountability and attitude, as well as desire, enthusiasm, effort, and appreciation. For example:
• Know What You Want: First, identify goals, then turn clarity into action.
• Strive for Excellence: Surpass expectations and reach new heights
• Fail Fast and Move On: Take chances, learn from mistakes, and keep pressing forward–don’t let fear or regret take you out of the game.
• Remember the “I” in Team: Make yourself the priority–because intense preparation is the individual responsibility of each member of the team.
• Welcome Pressure: Want to be the best? Work with or compete against the best!
• Walk Like a Champ: Your life is not just about achieving success, but also about having a purpose and creating significance.
With great stories and practical strategies, Joe Montana and Tom Mitchell give us hard-won advice based on years of success. This timely and timeless message is nothing less than a contemporary motivational classic.
From the Hardcover edition.
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: The Winning Spirit: 16 Timeless Principles That Drive Performance ExcellenceUser Review - David Glad - Goodreads
Nice quick (audio)book that is great as a pep talk and likely deserves revisiting. Some folks might find it gimmicky, but I think the principles are timeless even if perhaps the overall rating on this ... Read full review
Review: The Winning Spirit: 16 Timeless Principles That Drive Performance ExcellenceUser Review - Jim Serger - Goodreads
Great book on life, business and why work hard. I did the audio version great quality. Read full review