Climate Affairs: A Primer (Google eBook)
Climate Affairs sets forth in a concise primer the base of knowledge needed to begin to address questions surrounding the unknown impacts of climate change. In so doing, it outlines a new approach to understanding the interactions among climate, society, and the environment. Chapters consider:
• the key concepts and terms in climate affairs
• the effects of climate around the world
• important but overlooked aspects of climate-society-environment interactions
• examples of societal uses, misuses, and potential uses of climate-related information such as forecasts
• a research agenda, challenges, and methodologies for future climate research.Climate Affairs draws on a range of study areas‒including climate science, impacts on ecosystems and society, politics, policy and law, economics, and ethics‒to address the complexity and gravity of impacts that our increasing vulnerability to climate portends. It is the first book to consider the full range of climate-related topics and the interactions among them, and will be a key resource for decision makers, as well as for students and scholars working in climate and related fields.
What people are saying - Write a review
Are We Entering The Climate Century?
What is Climate?
Climate and Society
Climate and Geography
What Is Climate Affairs?
Use of Climate Information in Decision Making
How We Know What We Know
The Twentieth Centurys Climate Extremes
About the Author
Other editions - View all
Large-Scale Disasters: Prediction, Control, and Mitigation
Limited preview - 2008
Ecological Economics : Climate Affairs: A Primer: By: Michael H ...
Climate Affairs: A Primer. By: Michael H. Glantz, Island Press, 2003, ISBN:1559639199, 291 pp. Anthony Patt Corresponding Author Contact Information ...
linkinghub.elsevier.com/ retrieve/ pii/ S0921800903003136
'Climate affairs' going global : Science and Environment : Boulder ...
dailycamera.com the online newspaper for the Camera in Boulder, Colorado. Featuring Local news, sports, lifestyles, entertainment, business, opinion, ...
www.dailycamera.com/ bdc/ science/ article/ 0,1713,BDC_2432_4254103,00.html
ESIG Alert 4: Climate Affairs: An Initiative for the 21st Century
ESIG Alert #4, April 2003. In the end, we conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ...
www.isse.ucar.edu/ alerts/ alert4.html
China's "Eco-Generation" is Alive, Well, and Concerned
China's “Eco-Generation” is Alive, Well, and Concerned: hit and Climate Affairs. Recently, I wrote about the dilemma that the Chinese government is facing ...
Preparing for El Nino: A climate affairs challenge
Preparing for El Nino:. A climate affairs challenge. Michael H. Glantz. Senior Scientist. National Center for. Atmospheric Research. Boulder, Colorado, USA ...
www.adpc.net/ ece/ glantz.pdf
Melting Point - Browse
CSIRO PUBLISHING has an international reputation for quality educational and reference books and CD-roms in the subject areas of agriculture, biology, ...
www.publish.csiro.au/ meltingpoint/ nid/ 18/ pid/ 4070.htm
Climate Affairs: A Primer.(Books) | Weatherwise | Find Articles at ...
Climate Affairs: A Primer.(Books) from Weatherwise in Reference provided by Find Articles.
findarticles.com/ p/ articles/ mi_hb3585/ is_/ ai_n8534840
A Joint Initiative by. United Nations University, Japan. And. National Center for Atmospheric Research, USA. Findings from. The First Training Workshop ...
www.unu.edu/ env/ CAP/ Workshop_Report.doc
EDITORIAL REVIEW ESSAY The Ties that Bind: The Connection Between ...
Climate Affairs: A Primer. Island Press, Washington, DC. There should be little doubt that much of humanity exists at the mercy of Mother. Nature. ...
www.springerlink.com/ index/ 0753X82134356321.pdf
Nick Wilde's Book Page(s)
Comments. Guns, Germs, and Steel, Jared Diamond, Nonfiction. A book that poses, and attempts to answer, the question: "Why is it that Europeans were able to ...
www.thewildes.com/ play/ books/ 2006books.jsp