Results 1-10 of 0

LibraryThing Review

User Review  - Sarah_Buckley - LibraryThing

One of My favorite Books/movies. I know that Irvine Welsh is not everyone's cup of tea but I really like his writing style. His books are always interesting and I always finish happy. Read full review

LibraryThing Review

User Review  - kirstiecat - LibraryThing

I imagine when people hear the title of this book, they immediately think something scene. As if it's the story of a bunch of junkies in Scotland. The thing is about Welsh is that the culture of the ... Read full review

LibraryThing Review

User Review  - csweder - LibraryThing

This book reminded me of Requium For a Dream. It shows how messed up drugs will make you, and the extent to what you will do to get drugs. It's told from the perspective of several junkies...and at ... Read full review

LibraryThing Review

User Review  - JWarren42 - LibraryThing

Rereading this after a long time, I understand it a lot better. It's brilliant and an important statement on decolonization sentiments. Renton is a fantastic example of a narrator too shortsighted to do more than live moment by moment. Recommended. Read full review

LibraryThing Review

User Review  - capiam1234 - LibraryThing

I attempted to read this years and years ago. Finally got to it again and I always knew I'd love it. It's a challenge to read and knowing that this was Welsh's first novel really makes me appreciate the effort he put into it. Read full review

LibraryThing Review

User Review  - smcamp1234 - LibraryThing

I attempted to read this years and years ago. Finally got to it again and I always knew I'd love it. It's a challenge to read and knowing that this was Welsh's first novel really makes me appreciate the effort he put into it. Read full review

LibraryThing Review

User Review  - DeltaQueen50 - LibraryThing

More of a collection of loosely connected short stories than an actual novel, Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh can be a difficult and depressing read but it can also be highly rewarding as well. I use ... Read full review

LibraryThing Review

User Review  - jmoncton - LibraryThing

I have to say that I was not looking forward to this book. An entire book on drug addicts and written in such a strong dialect that a glossary was necessary?? But, by the middle of the book I was ... Read full review

LibraryThing Review

User Review  - qkennedy - LibraryThing

The crazy and deranged lifestyle of the characters in this book was absolutely shocking, however the content of their internal dialogue was thoroughly entertaining. A character would will the pages ... Read full review

Review: Trainspotting (Mark Renton #2)

User Review  - Justin - Goodreads

What the fuck did I just read? I did not understand what was happening 90% of the time. The other 10% I did laugh when I understood though. 2 stars at best. Read full review


User ratings

5 stars
21
4 stars
9
3 stars
2
2 stars
1
1 star
1