5 Principles for a Successful Life: From Our Family to Yours (Google eBook)
Is life really so complicated? Ask happy and successful people this question and you’re likely to hear that, in its essence, life is really quite simple. In these pages, Newt Gingrich and his daughter Jackie Gingrich Cushman–with the help of prominent people they know and admire, such as Bill Clinton, Rush Limbaugh, Mary Matalin, and David Petraeus–show how, by following just five principles, you can live life to its fullest:
• Dream Big Like Walt Disney, who shared the magic kingdom of his imagination with millions, or like Jackie’s sister, Kathy, who didn’t let a severe case of rheumatoid arthritis stop her from completing a walking marathon, see where your dreams can take you.
• Work Hard As Jackie points out in her recollections of her dad’s early political career, working hard can be a surprising source of energy, and adopting an attitude of cheerful persistence will help you reach your goal.
• Learn Every Day The key is to re- member that learning is a reciprocal process. You can’t be passive; you must be engaged. Come along on a visit to the acclaimed Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta to see how this principle works in action.
• Enjoy Life And what’s the best way to do that? From the wisdom of the ancient philosophers to information from the latest scientific studies, the answer is the same: Be grateful for all your blessings and do something every day to show compassion and generosity to others.
• Be True to Yourself It sounds easy, but it’s the hardest principle to live by. Discover what people from William Shakespeare to Henrik Ibsen to John P. Abizaid have had to say about this touchstone for an honest life.
With these inspiring and memorable words of wisdom, Newt and Jackie have given us a book to treasure for a lifetime.
From the Hardcover edition.
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: 5 Principles for a Successful Life: From Our Family to YoursUser Review - Anna Murray - Goodreads
A very positive message that more people need to hear! This book helped me to better understand who Newt Gingrich is and how he has evolved over the years. Read full review
Review: 5 Principles for a Successful Life: From Our Family to YoursUser Review - Lisa M. - Goodreads
Excellent, easy to read devotional style book. It is nominated for a Georgia Author of the Year Award book in the inspirational category. read more about Georgia Author of the Year and this year's ... Read full review
Your Dream and Only Yours II
Learning Anywhere from Anyone
Learning Requires Engagement
Flowing Through Life
Discovering Who You Are
Doing the Right Thing