Marketing and Football: An International Perspective
Butterworth-Heinemann, 2007 - Business & Economics - 518 pages
Football is arguably one of the most important sports in the world, and the marketing of football has become an increasingly important issue, as clubs and product owners need to generate more revenue from the sport. In a wider context, football marketing has also become a benchmarking standard for other sports to learn from worldwide. The practices and processes of such an established industry are important lessons for those sports which are yet to maximise on their potential earnings, and provide interesting lessons in sports marketing in general.
Marketing and Football: an international approach is the first book to provide a comprehensive and entirely global approach to this subject. Written by an international team of contributors who are keen researchers in the field, it examines in two parts: the study of football marketing in Europe and the development of a marketing dedicated to football, with the question of the European example being used worldwide. A ground breaking text, it provides the reader with:
* Contributions from the UK, Norway, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Finland, Scotland, Brazil, Japan, USA, Canada, Argentina, Korea and Australia
* Interviews with professional sports marketers representing some of the biggest clubs worldwide: Juventus Turin, FC Barcelona, Milan AC, Inter Milan, AS Rome, Olympique Lyonnais, Vicenza, SE Palmeiras, Atletico Mineiro, Atletico PR
Marketing and Football: an international approach is a seminal text which will pave the way for future academics and practitioners to work, it is the first book to discuss and move towards a marketing dedicated to football.
* The first and only book ever published on the Marketing of Football
* Written by a team of international and well renowned contributors
* Every chapter includes an interview with a practitioner of football marketing, for insider insight
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.