Baseball has changed dramatically since its early days. Today, the average ticket costs upwards of $20 and fans can feast on sushi from their luxurious air-conditioned seats. See how much Americaís favorite pastime has changed, and how much itís stayed the same in Ballparks Then & Now.
- Crammed with history and facts, this unique city-by-city tour of Americaís hallowed playing fields pairs archival images with modern photos of baseballís beloved landmarks like Union Grounds, Wrigley Field, Fenway Park, and the Negro Leagueís Greenlee Field.
- Includes all of the excitement of the 2006 season, including the winners of the 2006 World Series and all of the changes to ballparks around the U.S.
- Celebrate glorious wooden palaces like Bostonís Grand Pavilion and Sportsmanís Park in St. Louis, constructed after baseball went professional in 1871.
- Witness the ballpark renaissance of the 1990ís and the dawning of multi-million dollar corporate naming rights.
- With comprehensive data about each park (opening date, capacity, great moments), this new compact edition of best-selling Ballparks Then†and Now is the perfect take-along size for fans to enjoy whether theyíre sitting in the bleachers or luxury box.