3ds Max 2009 Bible (Google eBook)
"An excellent book for beginners as well as advanced 3ds Max users. A valuable reference that covers everything you'd want to know."
--Andre Surya, Award-winning Digital Artist
A favorite of 3ds Max artists from beginners to pros!
Why is 3ds Max Bible a perennial bestselling favorite? Because whether you're a beginner looking for a tutorial to get you up to speed your first day or an expert needing a reference to Max's advanced features, it's all here. Loaded with advice, professional tips, and more than 150 step-by-step lessons, this is the most comprehensive reference-tutorial on 3ds Max on the market, and the one you'll turn to again and again.
* Organize and blend sequences with the new Animation Layers feature
* Explore Sun and Sky, Car Paint, and other new mental ray shaders
* Combine and divide objects with ProBoolean and ProCutter
* Create more accurate dynamic animations with updated reactor tools
* Add greater realism with enhanced and integrated hair and fur tools
* Reference objects, materials, and controllers with XRef
Animate a dancing cartoon moose
Isolate mapping surfaces with the Quick Planar map button
Add realistic motion to your model's hairstyle
What's on the DVD?
You'll find before-and-after example files for every tutorial in the book. The DVD also includes:
* Models and textures to customize for your own designs
* Rendered AVI files of animations used in the tutorials
* All the Max files for every tutorial
* Adobe tryout versions of After Effects(r), Photoshop(r) CS2, Illustrator(r) CS2, and Premiere Pro
System Requirements: See the DVD appendix for details and complete system requirements.
What people are saying - Write a review
Part II Working with Objects
Part III Modeling Basics
Part IV Materials Cameras and Lighting Basics
Part V Animation and Rendering Basics
Part VI Advanced Modeling
Part VII Advanced Materials
3ds Max Align applied Autodesk 3ds Max Biped Bitmap bump map button camera Chapter Clone color constraint controller coordinates curve Customize Datalabs default Delete dialog box Display drag drop-down list edges Edit Tools Group Editable Poly enabled follow these steps frame gizmo Grid Group Views Create Help Tentacles icon interface Inverse Kinematics keyboard shortcut Layer light main toolbar Material Editor MAXScript mental ray menu command mesh Modifier Stack Modify panel Motion move nodes NURBS option Parameters rollout particle system Patch path plane polygon Position preset primitive Rendering right-click rotate sample slot Scale scene Schematic View selected object shader shape shown in Figure shows Snap Space Warp specify sphere spline subobject mode surface texture texture map Tools Group Views Track View transform Tutorial vertex Vertex Color vertices viewport Views Create Modifiers window XRef Zoom