Creative Problem Solving for Managers: Developing Skills for Decision Making and Innovation
* How can managers tackle complex problems?
* How do you encourage innovation?
* How do you implement new solutions?
* Is creativity the key to management success?
This accessible text provides a lively introduction to the essential skills of creative problem solving. Using extensive case studies and examples from a variety of business situations, Creative Problem Solving for Managersexplores a wide range of problem solving theories and techniques, illustrating how these can be used to solve a multitude of management problems.
Thoroughly revised and redesigned, this new edition retains the accessible and imaginative approach to problem-solving skills of the first edition. Contents include:
* Blocks to creativity and how to overcome them
* Key techniques including lateral thinking, morphological analysis and synectics
* Computer assisted problem solving
* Increased coverage of group problem solving techniques and paradigm shift
As creativity is increasingly being recognized as a key skill for successful managers, this book will be welcomed as a readable and comprehensive introduction for students and practicing managers alike.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.