A Political and Economic Dictionary of Eastern Europe
Alan Edwin Day, Roger East, Richard Thomas
Taylor & Francis, Jun 17, 2004 - Reference - 656 pages
An invaluable new dictionary, written by a respected team of reference book compilers to provide an essential guide to the economics and politics of this immense and important region.
It contains over 1,000 entries covering the countries, the region's ethnic groups, political parties, prime ministers, presidents, business organizations, geographical features, religions and border disputes.
* Entries on Chechnya, Poland, Uniate Church, Gennadii Zyuganov and The Hungarian Democratic Forum
* Covers 22 countries in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe, trans-Caucasus and the Russian Federation
* Includes separate articles on each country, and its economy
* Entries are arranged alphabetically and are fully cross-referenced making the book easy to use
* All organizations listed include full address, telephone, fax and e-mail details
* Geographical and personal name indexes.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.