Be the Pack Leader: Use Cesar's Way to Transform Your Dog . . . and Your Life
Crown Publishing Group
, Sep 23, 2008
- 336 pages
The New York Times bestseller!
Be the Pack Leader is Cesar Millan's guide for taking your relationship with your dog to a higher level. By developing the skills necessary to become the calm-assertive owner your dog needs in order for him to live a balanced, fulfilled life, you'll improve your dog's behavior and your own life as well.
Be the Pack Leader is filled with practical tips and techniques, including:
• How to use calm-assertive energy in relating to your dog—and to others around you
• The truth about behavioral tools, from leashes and harnesses to clickers and e-collars
• How to satisfy the needs of your dog's breed
• Success stories from Cesar's clients, viewers, and fans—including the Grogan family of Marley & Me fame
• A quick reference guide of specific, step-by-step procedures to tackling some of the most common dog behavior problems
“[Cesar] arrives amid chaos and leaves behind peace.”
—Malcolm Gladwell, The New Yorker
“[Millan is] serene and mesmerizing. . . . He deserves a cape and a mask.”
—New York Times