Understanding Radioactive Waste
In this latest edition of Understanding Radioactive Waste, Dr. Raymond Murray
- explains clearly the origin and nature of nuclear by-products
- provides facts and figures about nuclear waste and the actions being planned on a national basis
- provides perspective on the safety of waste isolation systems
- distinguishes knowledge from opinion whenever possible, in an unbiased and candid manner.
A proven textbook and resource, this latest edition of Understanding Radioactive Waste provides new information on
- protecting nuclear facilities against terrorist attacks
- transporting spent fuel and other nuclear wastes
- regulating high-level radioactive waste
- licensing of the proposed repository at Yucca Mountain, Nevada.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Atoms and Chemistry
The hydrogen atom
39 other sections not shown
activity Agency alpha particles amount Atomic Energy beta particles cask Chapter chemical commercial concrete Courtesy decay defense wastes Department of Energy diagram disposal facilities effects electric electron elements Engineering Environmental example exposure Federal fissile fission products fuel assemblies gamma rays geologic half-life Hanford hazard heat high-level waste hydrogen Idaho involving irradiation isotopes Low-Level Radioactive Waste low-level waste ment metal National Laboratory neutron Nevada Nuclear Energy nuclear fuel nuclear power plants nuclear reactor Nuclear Regulatory Commission Nuclear Waste nuclear weapons nucleus operation percent Physics plutonium protection proton radiation dose radioactive decay radioactive materials radioactive wastes radioisotopes radionuclides radon Radwaste Solutions References regulations repository reprocessing salt Savannah River shipments spent fuel storage strontium-90 tanks Technology tests tion transportation tritium United vault vitrification volume waste containers waste disposal Waste Management Yucca Mountain
The Dilemma of Siting a High-Level Nuclear Waste Repository
D. Easterling,Howard Kunreuther
Limited preview - 1995
All Book Search results »
Sustainable Development: Science, Ethics, and Public Policy
J. Lemons,Donald A. Brown
No preview available - 1995