Secure Daughters, Confident Sons: How Parents Guide Their Children Into Authentic Masculinity and Femininity
Raise secure, confident kids in a gender-confused world
In this eye-opening book, family researcher Glenn T. Stanton offers a clear vision for why gender matters in how we raise our children. His thought-provoking insights expose the problems with stifling stereotypes and damaging cultural assumptions, then highlight a practical pathway for guiding children into healthy manhood and womanhood.
· what gender-appropriate behavior looks like at various ages—and why you shouldn’t panic if your toddler boy plays with his sister’s dolls.
· how to help your daughter become secure in her sense of significance—whether she prefers chasing butterflies or shooting hoops.
· how to inspire your son to compete and take healthy risks—in ways that fit his unique personality.
· how moms and dads complement one another as they discipline differently, comfort differently, and influence differently.
· what you can do on a daily basis to nurture your children’s God-given design and help them resist the pressure to conform to arbitrary cultural rules.
With practical tools, well-researched insights, and real-life scenarios, this book equips parents to launch daughters who are secure in the power of their femininity and sons who are confident in their strength to make a difference in the world.
What people are saying - Write a review
Extremely thorough, good informationUser Review - Stephanie W - Christianbook.com
Secure Daughters, Confident Sons, by Glenn T. Stanton, teaches about "authentic masculinity and femininity" from a Christian worldview. In a world where people willingly conceal the sex of their child ... Read full review
Informative But At Times DryUser Review - threelogans - Christianbook.com
As a young mother raising a 2 year old boy and a 1 year old girl I have struggled with knowing the right and wrong of raising each gender. I have wondered if I have forced or heavy influenced my son ... Read full review