Suddenly, everyone’s talking about HTML5, and ready or not, you need to get acquainted with this powerful new development in web and application design. Some of its new features are already being implemented by existing browsers, and much more is around the corner.
Written by developers who have been using the new language for the past year in their work, this book shows you how to start adapting the language now to realize its benefits on today’s browsers. Rather than being just an academic investigation, it concentrates on the practical—the problems HTML5 can solve for you right away. By following the book’s hands-on HTML5 code examples you’ll learn:
- new semantics and structures to help your site become richer and more accessible
- the uses of native multimedia for video and audio
- techniques for drawing lines, fills, gradients, images and text with canvas
- how to build more intelligent web forms
- implementation of new storage options and web databases
- how geolocation works with HTML5 in both web and mobile applications
All the code from this book (and more) is available at www.introducinghtml5.com.
There appear to be intermittent problems with the first printing of Introducing HTML5. If you have one of these copies, please email us at email@example.com with a copy of your receipt (from any reseller), and we'll either provide access to the eBook or send you another copy of the print book -- whichever you prefer. If you’d like the eBook we can add that to your Peachpit.com account. You can set up a free account at www.peachpit.com/join “u> http://www.peachpit.com/join