Stop Obsessing!: How to Overcome Your Obsessions and Compulsions
Newly Revised and Updated!
Are you tormented by extremely distressing thoughts or persistent worries?
Compelled to wash your hands repeatedly?
Driven to repeat or check certain numbers, words, or actions?
If you or someone you love suffers from these symptoms, you may be one of the millions of Americans who suffer from some form of obsessive-compulsive disorder, or OCD.
Once considered almost untreatable, OCD is now known to be a highly treatable disorder using behavior therapy. In this newly revised edition of Stop Obsessing! Drs. Foa and Wilson, internationally renowned authorities on the treatment of anxiety disorders, share their scientifically based and clinically proven self-help program that has already allowed thousands of men and women with OCD to enjoy a life free from excessive worries and rituals.
You will discover:
* Step-by-step programs for both mild and severe cases of OCD
* The most effective ways to help you let go of your obsessions and gain control over your compulsions
* New charts and fill-in guides to track progress and make exercises easier
* Questionnaires for self-evaluation and in-depth understanding of your symptoms
* Expert guidance for finding the best professional help
* The latest information about medications prescribed for OCD
2 pages matching milligrams in this book
Results 1-2 of 2
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: Stop Obsessing!: How to Overcome Your Obsessions and CompulsionsUser Review - Tony Black - Goodreads
My psychologist lent me this book thinking I was suffering from OCD. After reading 70 pages, however, it was clear that she misdiagnosed me. I have compulsions but they aren't due to obsessions. I've ... Read full review
Review: Stop Obsessing!: How to Overcome Your Obsessions and CompulsionsUser Review - Kiersten - Goodreads
Well done. A good step-by-step for OCDs. Read full review
Treatment Plans and Interventions for Depression and Anxiety Disorders
Robert L. Leahy,Stephen J. Holland
No preview available - 2000