Politics and the Environmenthas established itself as the most comprehensive textbook in this area. This new edition has been completely revised and updated while retaining the features and theory-to-practice focus which made the first edition so successful.
The book is designed to introduce students to the key concepts and issues vital to the understanding of environmental problems and their political solutions. The authors investigate the people, movements and organizations involved in the shaping of environmental policy and the barriers hindering the development and introduction of successful solutions to environmental problems.
This new edition has been expanded to include:
- a reorganized structure divided into three thematic sections
- a wide range of case studies from around the world at the end of each chapter
- more boxed examples and concepts
- further detail on ecological modernization
- an extended further reading list including useful websites.