Frommer's Switzerland (Google eBook)
John Wiley & Sons
, Jan 31, 2012
- 512 pages
- The best of the great outdoors, from hiking the Swiss mountains to exploring the sparkling lakes of central Switzerland--and even strolling along the palm-lined waterfront promenades in the Ticino.
- Insider advice on planning your ideal ski vacation, whether you prefer schussing down a Swiss mountainside in isolation and retiring to a peaceful mountain hut or hitting the slopes with a crowd and spending the evening mingling with Europe's glitterati.
- Our authors guide you to the most unforgettable "only in Switzerland experiences," such as the Zibelemärit onion festival in Bern and the marvel of Swiss engineering that is the Glacier Express.
- The best of Swiss art and architecture, from the historic cathedrals of Bern and Basel to the Museum Rietberg in Zurich.
- Opinionated write-ups. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinations--they tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- All Complete guides offer user-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.