Comprehensive Mentoring Programs for New Teachers: Models of Induction and Support
This revised edition by mentoring expert Susan Villani examines comprehensive mentoring programs for new teachers and provides in-depth examples of successful program models. The book describes the roles of mentors, the ways mentors support new teachers and educators, and mentor preparation, and offers five factors to consider when developing a comprehensive mentoring program. Administrators and staff development leaders will find detailed descriptions of 18 real-world mentoring programs, including:
- State, district, regional, and national programs
- Programs that support new special education teachers
- Programs specifically for math and science teachers
- A collaborative program involving three institutions
- The book also offers a rubric on seven components of comprehensive mentoring programs for readers to use in assessing their own settings and thinking more about which aspects of their program they would like to enhance or develop.