The Guide for a Fun and Successful Baseball Season!
Do you need some guidance before you start coaching this baseball season? Coaching Youth Baseball, 3rd edition gives you everything you need to make this season a success. It covers all of baseball's fundamentals and gives coaching tips for every aspect of the game including:
- fielding and throwing
- proper batting techniques for all types of hits, including bunts
- key concepts like using a cutoff
- baserunning, sliding, and base coaching
- the responsibilities of each position on the field
- how to coach tee-ball
- maintaining an encouraging and positive coaching attitude
You'll also find template practice plans you can adjust for your own use, step-by-step drills and plays, conditioning ideas, first aid information, and an explanation of the game's rules. Plus, a glossary and skills checklists at the end of the book help you learn and teach the language and skills of baseball quickly and effectively.