Frommer's Greek Islands
John Wiley & Sons
, Jan 27, 2012
- 512 pages
- If it's Ancient Greece you're interested in, our authors will guide you from the Acropolis to the islands (the geographical and spiritual center of the Cyclades). In the 21st century, they'll point you toward the best resorts, hotels, nightlife and shopping.
- "Greeks may not live to eat, but they certainly take what they eat, and how it is prepared very seriously," says our (well-fed) author, who takes you from kafeneion (coffee house) to ouzeri to psistaria (for grilled meats), tavernas and beyond.
- An entire chapter gives you a rundown on cruising the Greek Islands, from picking the right cruise, to budgeting, getting ready to go, and a summary of some of the ships, from large to small, that ply the Mediterranean.
- Opinionated reviews. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinations--they tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.