Provence: True Stories
James O'Reilly, Tara Austen Weaver
TRAVELERS TALES, 2003 - History - 256 pages
Provence is one of the world's beloved places--redolent with the scent of lavender, steeped in olive oil, marinated in wine. Provence teaches us to appreciate the simple life of abundance--buying bread at the morning market, lingering over meals, and soaking in the vistas of old stone villages surrounded by fields of flowers. Immerse yourself in the landscape and light that has inspired some of the greatest artists of all time. Travelers' Tales Provence takes you into a magnificent world of food, wine, history, and art. For those who love this region, Travelers' Tales Provence will rekindle fond memories. For those who have not yet ventured into this magical part of France, it will fire the imagination with the many delights that await.
- Experience the time-honored ritual of pressing olives for oil with Carol Drinkwater
- Join Lawrence Durrell as he opens the day at a Provencal town market
- Hike the hills of Provence with Margie Goldsmith
- Search the back streets of Nice for the perfect pan bagnat with Calvin Trillin
- Explore the charm of Aix-en-Provence with M.F.K. Fisher
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.