Rapture, Revelation, and the End Times: Exploring the Left Behind Series
Bruce David Forbes, Jeanne Halgren Kilde
An indispensable exploration of the runaway bestselling series!
From Left Behind to Glorious Appearing, the books in the Left Behind series have sold over 60,000,000 copies worldwide and their popularity continues to grow. What makes the books about the apocalypse so popular? What is it about the end times that fascinates millions around the globe? And what does the Bible really say about the end of the world? In Rapture, Revelation, and the End Times, six experts gather to answer these provocative questions and more, guiding readers through the different Christian millennialist views and how they developed. They explore the historical, biblical, social and political issues raised by the Left Behind series' religious perspective, present broad questions that curious readers might ask, and encourage us to reflect on the issues the series raises. An entertaining and informative book for fans as well as skeptics, this is a top-notch resource you won't want to be without!
Rapture, Revelation, and the End Times answers some of the most often-asked questions about this fascinating series of books:
* How popular are the Left Behind books . . . and why?
* What does the Bible say about the end times?
* How did Left Behind's particular vision of the end times develop?
* When do Christians think the end times will happen?
* How are other religions treated in the Left Behind series?
* What social and political messages appear in the Left Behind books?
This MUST-HAVE book also includes a READER'S GUIDE with:
* Reader's Group Discussion Questions
* Full Glossary of Religious Terms
* Suggestions For Further Reading from a Variety of Perspectives
This book has not been approved, licensed, or sponsored by any of the writers, publishers, or distributors of the books in the Left Behind series nor by any person or entity involved in the creation, production, or distribution of any media based on the series.