A comprehensive handbook of all the crucial information interior designers need to know on a daily basis.
In the world of interior design, thousands of bits of crucial information are scattered across a wide array of sources. Color, Space, and Style collects the information essential to planning and executing interiors projects of all shapes and sizes, and distills it in a format that is as easy to use as it is to carry.
- Section 1, ˘Fundamentals,÷ provides a step-by-step overview of an interiors project, describing the scope of professional services, the project schedule, and the design and presentation tools used by designers.
- Section 2, ˘Space÷ examines ways of composing rooms as spatial environments while speaking to functional and life-safety concerns.
- Section 3, ˘Surface÷, identifies options in color, material, texture, and pattern, while addressing maintenance and performance issues.
- Section 4, ˘Environments,÷ looks at aspects of interior design that help create a specific mood or character, such as natural and artificial lighting, sound and smell.
- Section 5, ˘Elements,÷ describes the selection and specification of furniture and fixtures, as well as other components essential to an interior environment, such as artwork and accessories.
- Lastly, section 6, ˘Resources,÷ gathers a wealth of useful data, from sustainability guidelines to online sources for interiors-related research.
Throughout Color, Space, and Style
appear interviews with top practitioners drawn from across the field of interior design.