Encyclopedia of Foods: A Guide to Healthy Nutrition (Google eBook)
Experts from Dole Food Company, Experts from The Mayo Clinic, Experts from UCLA Center for H
Elsevier, Jan 13, 2002 - Medical - 516 pages
The Encyclopedia of Foods: A Guide to Healthy Nutrition is a definitive resource for what to eat for maximum health as detailed by medical and nutritional experts. This book makes the connection between health, disease, and the food we eat.
The Encyclopedia describes more than 140 foods, providing information on their history, nutrient content, and medical uses.
The Encyclopedia also describes the "fit kitchen", including the latest in food safety, equipment and utensils for preparing fit foods, and ways to modify favorite recipes to ensure health and taste.
* Details healthy eating guidelines based on the RDA food pyramid
* Provides scientific basis and knowledge for specific recommendations
* Beautifully illustrated
* Extensive list of reliable nutrition resources
* Describes the fit kitchen from the latest in food safety to equipment and utensils for preparing fit foods to ways to modify favorite recipes to ensure health and taste
What people are saying - Write a review
After readig this book I asked myself the following:
Need to lose weight?
How to lose weight fast ?
How to lose weight in a week ? And now ... read my successful story here
Some excerpts from my diary:
- binder abdominal and cord spinal injury
- brain cancer and cures using herbs
- tea and cellulite
- pgm herbal remedy
- can paxil cause you to lose weight
Review: Encyclopedia of Foods: A Guide to Healthy NutritionUser Review - CFAITC - Goodreads
This book lists a variety of fruits and vegetables and explains the health benefits of each. Read full review