Secrets of a Super Hacker
The Knightmare is the sort of Super Hacker who keeps security guards from sleeping at night. He's not motivated by money or malice. He's in it for the hack. If your computer has any link whatever to the outside world, there is not question. The Knightmare can break in; the only question is whether he wants to.
Secrets of a Super Hacker is an extraordinary manual on the methods of hacking. Here are some of the techniques covered in this data-devouring dossier:
- Brute Force Attacks:
Hurling passwords at a system until it cracks.
- Social Engineering and Reverse Social Engineering:
Seducing legitimate users into revealing their passwords.
- Spoofing: Designing dummy screens; Delivering fake e-mail.
- Superuser Abuser: How to get system managers to do your dirty work for you.
- Screening Stealing: How to secretly record every image that appears on a computer screen
- Data Delivery: How to hide the information you've collected; How to e-mail it to your computer.
- Stair Stepping: How to use a low-level account to gain ever-higher levels of access.
- And Much More!
Including a brief history of hacking lists of likely passwords, a summary of computer crime laws and a glossary.
The Super Hacker reveals all his secrets: Trojan Horses, Viruses, Worms, Trap Doors and Dummy Accounts. The how-to text is highlighted with bare-knuckle tales of The Knightmare's hacks, including on-site hacking remote-access hacking and bulletin board busting.
No system can withstand the ingenious, unrelenting assaults of The Knightmare. And no person concerned with computer security should miss this amazing manual of mayhem.
33 pages matching disk in this book
Results 1-3 of 33