Reference data plays a key role in your business databases and must be free from defects of any kind. So why is it so hard to find information on this critical topic? Recognizing the dangers of taking reference data for granted, Managing Reference Data in Enterprise Databases gives you precisely what you've been seeking: A complete guide to the implementation and management of reference data of all kinds.
This book begins with a thorough definition of reference data, then proceeds with a detailed examination of all reference data issues, fully describing uses, common difficulties, and practical solutions. Whether you're a database manager, architect, administrator, programmer, or analyst, be sure to keep this easy-to-use reference close at hand.
* Solves special challenges associated with maintaining reference data.
* Addresses a wide range of reference data issues, including acronyms, redundancy, mapping, life cycles, multiple languages, and querying.
* Describes how reference data interacts with other system components, what problems can arise, and how to mitigate these problems.
* Offers examples of standard reference data types and matrices for evaluating management methods.
* Provides a number of standard reference data tables and more specialized material to help you deal with reference data, via a companion Web site