Getting Ready for College
Getting Ready for College is the ultimate easy-to-use guide to success for college-bound seniors, first-years, and their parents. Polly Berent answers the questions you didn’t know you would need to ask:
• What’s the deal on financial aid and cash management?
• Should I bring a flashlight to school? Do I really need a microwave and a vacuum
• Should I call Mom every time I’m homesick? Will my boyfriend/girlfriend wait for me?
• Will having a credit card help me? Do I need quarters for the laundry?
• When should I lock my room? Where can I fill my prescriptions in my new town?
• Should I take intro classes or harder classes? Should I join a frat/sorority?
• How could I possibly have time to figure all this out and keep in touch with my old
This essential manual includes day planners, notes on how to take notes, tips on how to make a “real life” file, and advice from scores of college students in the trenches as well as campus health-care professionals, college counselors, administrators, and financial-aid advisers. This is everything you need to know about getting ready for college, from students and parents just like you.
20 pages matching friends in this book
Results 1-3 of 20
What people are saying - Write a review
Getting Ready for CollegeUser Review - grandmaann - Overstock.com
Fantastic,informative book. Just sorry I didn't get it sooner.(I didn't realize this book was out there). Lots of info that would have been useful had I gotten it earlier. Get this one along with another book titled I'll Miss You Too. Another winner. ... Read full review