Our Bodies, Ourselves: A New Edition for a New Era
Touchstone, Nov 10, 2009 - Health & Fitness - 848 pages
"O""ur Bodies, Ourselves "is the resource that women of all ages turn to for information about their bodies, sexuality, and reproductive health. Completely revised and updated, these pages provide women with the information and tools they need to make key health decisions--accurate, evidence-based information, input from leading experts, and personal stories from women who share their experiences. This new edition of "Our Bodies, Ourselves "includes the latest vital information on:
- CHANGES IN THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM--especially how health care reform affects women and how to get the care you need.
- SAFER SEX--how to engage in pleasurable, satisfying sexual experiences while protecting your health and the health of your partner.
- ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH RISKS--including minimizing exposure to everyday pollutants that endanger reproductive health.
- BODY IMAGE--resisting negative media stereotypes and embracing healthier approaches to looking and feeling good.
- LOCAL AND GLOBAL ACTIVISM--using social media and organizing tactics to build community and advocate for policies that improve women's lives. - As well as crucial information about gender identity, sexual orientation, birth control, abortion, pregnancy and birth, perimenopause, and sexuality and sexual health as we age.
Together with its companion website, ourbodiesourselves.org, "Our Bodies, Ourselves "is a one-stop resource for women of all generations.
What people are saying - Write a review
Still As Good As The First VersionUser Review - Overstock.com
We bought this newest version for our 16 y/o grand daughter.It is very in depth and is a book that will serve her through menopause.It is the kind of book every young girl should have before embarking on their journeytowards womanhood.I have my original book from the 70's and am glad to see this edition so current. ...
Review: Our Bodies, Ourselves: A New Edition for a New EraUser Review - Liz DeCoster - Goodreads
While this is a classic reference book, I find myself a little concerned about the presentation of some medical information in the book. While I understand wanting to present readers with a variety of ... Read full review