Foundations Of Maternal-Newborn Nursing
Continually praised for its reader-friendly coverage of complex topics, this trusted resource provides fundamental, step-by-step guidance for assessing and caring for new mothers, newborns, and families. It carefully integrates the importance of understanding family, culture, client teaching, communication, and critical thinking all into the overall continuum of nursing care. The updated 4th edition integrates evidence-based practice where appropriate and includes the latest information on women's health and fetal monitoring.
· Nursing Process framework used throughout.
· Over 30 Nursing Care Plans apply the nursing process to clinical situations and include critical thinking questions.
· Multicultural considerations and changing family structures integrated throughout.
· Communication Cues provide hints and techniques for interpreting client and family statements and behaviors.
· Therapeutic Communication boxes use actual client-nurse dialogues to illustrate communication how-to's.
· Procedure Guides present common procedures with rationales for each step.
· Critical Thinking questions complete with answers and rationales, present students with real life clinical situations.
· Critical-to-Remember boxes highlight vital concerns such as danger signs of pregnancy, behaviors associated with substance abuse, and facts about HIV.
· Drug Guides outline indications, adverse reactions, and nursing considerations for the most commonly used medications
· Sample Clinical Pathways guide students through today's collaborative care.
· Check Your Reading questions help students assess their mastery of key content.
· Want to Know boxes offer practical patient education guidelines.
· Free student Companion CD-ROM with case studies, NCLEX review questions, care planning exercises, Nursing skills outlines, and NEW Videos of a vaginal birth, Cesarean birth, Assessment of the pregnant woman, and Assessment of the Neonate
82 pages matching membranes in this book
Results 1-3 of 82
What people are saying - Write a review
abdomen abnormal amniotic fluid anesthesia assessment AWHONN AWHONN Lifelines baby behaviors bilirubin birth facility bladder breast milk breastfeeding breathing cause cells cervix cesarean birth changes CHECK YOUR READING childbirth chromosome client clinical contractions cord CRITICAL THINKING cultural decrease develop diet discomfort drugs epidural episiotomy evaluation factors feeding feel fetal heart rate fetal monitoring fetus Figure foods fundus gestation Gynecologic identify increase infant infection intake interventions labor lactation levels lochia maternal membranes mother muscle Neonatal Nursing newborn nipple normal nursing diagnosis nursing process nutrients nutrition Obstetric occur ovum oxygen oxytocin pain parents pattern Pediatrics pelvis perinatal perineum Philadelphia physician placenta position postpartum preg pregnancy prenatal pressure preterm prevent problems reduce relaxation respiratory result risk Saunders signs skin stimulation teaching techniques tion tissue trimester uterine activity uterus vaginal birth vitamin weeks weight gain woman women