ChefMD's Big Book of Culinary Medicine: A Food Lover's Road Map to Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Getting Really Healthy
Doctor, What Do I Eat for That–and How Do I Make It Taste Really Good?
Respected physician and trained chef Dr. John La Puma answers those questions and more in this revolutionary book. In it, he offers you “culinary medicine” the art of cooking blended with the science of medicine. The result? Restaurant-quality recipes, foods, and meals that can reverse the process of disease.
Use ChefMD’s Big Book of Culinary Medicine to:
• Discover what and how to eat for forty health conditions–from ADD and Alzheimer’s to rheumatoid arthritis and ulcers
• Build a “culinary medicine chest” with fifty amazing foods that prevent or control common health conditions
• Conquer fatigue, supercharge your immune system, and look and feel younger
• Get the most nutrition from the foods you eat
• Find the ChefMD Essentials–thirty-six healthful and flavorful brand-name foods in boxes, bags, and cans
• Fall in love with food again with fifty easy ChefMD recipes–guilt free!
Eat and cook the ChefMD way and discover just how easy, simple, and delicious a healthy life can be.
What people are saying - Write a review
Review: ChefMD's Big Book of Culinary Medicine: A Food Lover's Road Map to Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Getting Really HealthyUser Review - Julie - Goodreads
Lots of good information however he offers little guidance for when multiple conditions call for consuming and avoiding a food item. Recipes are rather simplistic. Read full review
Review: ChefMD's Big Book of Culinary Medicine: A Food Lover's Road Map to Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Getting Really HealthyUser Review - Kristen Nace - Goodreads
A decent book written by an actual MD (I believe he is a GP) He seems like a good guy and has some advice on what to eat (whole foods-duh!) He has a menu plan, but I thought the most intersting part ... Read full review