, Jul 15, 2013
- 320 pages
- Insider advice on the prettiest canalside walking and cycling routes, liveliest nightlife, finest gin-sampling houses, and headiest marijuana “smoking coffeeshops.”
- Explore the city’s 1,200 bridges; the De Wallen’s red light establishments; the Spiegelgracht antiques quarter; and Vondelpark, the city’s green enclave.
- Where to find the freshest herring, tastiest Rijsttafel, most innovative contemporary Dutch cuisine, or the most romantic dinner cruise.
- Insightful commentary on the city's wealth of Dutch painting, from Vermeers and Rembrandts at the Rijksmuseum, to the world’s largest collection of Vincents at the Van Gogh Museum, to modern art at the Stedelijk.
- Opinionated reviews. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinations--they tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.