Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of the open road while touring Italy with Lonely Planet's Italy's Best Trips, your passport to the most up-to-date advice on unique Italian experiences that await you along Italy's roadways. This guide features 29 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, and 9 'classic trips'-iconic routes you simply must cruise. Take epic Grande Strada delle Dolomiti through Alpine scenery, weave along the precipitous Amalfi Coast, or relish the sunny drive through Tuscan hills; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to Europe, jump in the car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's Italy's Best Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography on every page to inspire you as you plan
- Itineraries and planning advice help you pick the right routes for you and tailor your trip to your needs and interests
- Get around easily with 46 easy-to-read, full-colour regional and route maps and detailed directions
- Free, convenient pull-out Italy road map (included in print version)
- Insider tips about Italian driving rules and road etiquette help you get around like a local to avoid trouble spots and be safe out on the road
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices, and Italian road signs key
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, and sight-seeing
- Cultural insights give you a richer travel experience - including history, art, music, architecture, landscapes, cuisine, and wine
- Useful features - including Driving Problem Buster, Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Coverage of Rome, Venice, Pompeii, Dolomites, Cinque Terre, Florence, Amalfi Coast, Lake Como, Valle d'Aosta, Tuscany, Milan, Piedmont, Italian Riviera, Abruzzo, Umbria, Emilia-Romagna, Naples, Puglia, Sardinia, Sicily, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Italy's Best Trips is perfect for those planning to explore Italy via the road and discover sights that are only accessible by car.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Lonely Planet's Italy guide, our most comprehensive guide to Italy is perfect for those planning to both explore top sights and lesser-known gems. Looking for just the highlights of Italy? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Rome, Florence, or Venice? Check out Lonely Planet's Rome guide, Florence & Tuscany guide, and Venice & the Veneto guide for a comprehensive look at all that each of these cities has to offer; Lonely Planet's Discover Rome, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions; or Lonely Planet's Pocket Rome, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
There's More in Store for You:
See more of Europe's picturesque country sides and have the rich, authentic experience you dream about by exploring Europe by car with Lonely Planet's Best Trips guides. Check out Lonely Planet's France's Best Trips and Ireland's Best Trips for more European road-tripping ideas.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Paula Hardy, Duncan Garwood, and Robert Landon.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.