Give Your Songwriting a Competitive Edge
This book takes you on the songwriter's journey from the first inspiration for a song to the collection of worldwide royalties. Experienced songwriters Pat and Pete Luboff point out the stumbling blocks you'll encounter along the way, and how to turn them into stepping stones to songwriting success. In 101 fun and easy-to-read chapters, you'll find tips on:
- building solid, marketable song structures
- creating the perfect lyrics accompanied by moving melodies
- forming productive and profitable collaboration ventures
- producing effective demos that you can pitch
- tracking your royalty collection
You'll also discover how new technology is changing songwriting and how to use that to your advantage. Plus, you'll get insider tips on traveling to and living in the songwriting centers of the country–Los Angeles, New York City, and Nashville. Everything you need to live and succeed at the songwriter's life can be found in this great resource.