1-800-Away-IRS: The Answer to a Nation's Plea
Griffin Publishing Group, 1998 - Business & Economics - 192 pages
"It's about time someone provided practical tax strategies while telling people how to avoid the IRS audit". -- Dick Grossman, former IRS auditor
"I have never read such a thorough history of the IRS. I also am glad I now know what to expect when I receive something from the IRS".
Everyone remembers the IRS reform hearings last September. Unbelievable stories of IRS agents who harass, intimidate and abuse their clients, average American taxpayers, into paying tax amounts they cannot afford on tax bills they aren't sure they owe. The IRS has been given unchecked authority to coerce taxes out of people. IRS horror stories, alternatives to our current method of taxation, and important tax strategies are all in this no holds barred book:
- The IRS misinformed over 5,000,000 callers at its information line, and was remarkably accountable for none of their own mistakes.
- A dentist in Maryland struggled 14 years with the IRS over a bill that began at $12,000 and rose to almost $200,000 because agents within the IRS never bothered to talk to each other about his case.
- The IRS could not account for almost 65% of its own budget during a GAO audit.
- A taxpayer was charged $180 for underpaying his taxes by one penny.
- There are over ten bills that would overhaul the IRS currently proposed to Congress; all are detailed.
What people are saying - Write a review
A Short History of Taxation
Who Is Todays IRS Agent
13 other sections not shown