500 Reasons Why You're My Best Friend
They hold us together through good times and bad. They keep us sane. They keep us talking. They keep us in touch with our feelings. From the time we're in our strollers to the time we're using walkers, best friends are a crucial part of female culture. Guys may supply the electricity in our lives, but girls supply the grounding." --500 Reasons Why You're My Best Friend
She's fun to be with. She tells the truth. She's your most dependable ally. These are just some of the characteristics of every woman's best girlfriend. And artist-illustrator Lorraine Bodger deftly describes plenty of others in her list book, 500 Reasons Why You're My Best Friend.
Consider these observations:
* I can tell you anything, and you won't be shocked.
* You redid my makeup for me when it was starting to look old-fashioned.
* We helped each other torture our siblings. How much fun was that?
*You're patient with me when I'm stuck on a guy and can't stop talking about him.
* When I'm sick in bed, you call to check on me at least five times a day.
* You helped me sew 106 name tapes into my daughter's clothes before she went to sleep-away camp for the first time. Then you let me cry on your shoulder when she left on the bus.
* You think I'm smart, capable, clever, and pretty. You're my one-woman cheering section.
In text that's sassy and sweet, witty and serious, wry and loving, Bodger sums up the qualities of real friendships. All women will recognize themselves and their best friends in this delightful gift book. Universal in its appeal, 500 Reasons Why You're My Best Friend joins the ranks of Lorraine Bodger's other best-selling list books./div