AARP Crash Course in Estate Planning: The Essential Guide to Wills, Trusts, and Your Personal Legacy
Here is the absolutely essential and totally comprehensive guide to wills, trusts, estate planning, and crafting a personal legacy.
Scrutinized for accuracy by AARP’s legal specialists, this indispensable volume covers every aspect of planning an estate and creating a will. A crash course in one handy volume, the book walks readers through the entire process, from understanding the distinction between probate and nonprobate property to delegating a durable power of attorney, and from resolving possible tax issues ahead of time to safeguarding your assets.
In these pages you will find:
• comparisons of wills and simple living trusts;
• advice on guardianship and advance medical directives;
• explanations of the role and powers of a trustee—and what steps to take in the case of suspected misconduct;
• a primer on marshaling and protecting retirement assets;
• help in planning for children with disabilities;
• ideas for making sure your money stays in the family in case a spouse remarries; and much, much more.
What people are saying - Write a review
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - lonepalm - LibraryThing
Don't Visit Your Attorney without Being Informed: As an estate planner and attorney, I know that presenting this kind of information in an easy-to-grasp way isn't, well . . . easy. But Michael Palermo ... Read full review
Foreword By Ric Edelman
Understanding EstatePlanning Basics
Choosing the Right
The Ins and Outs of the Probate Process
Whos in Charge Here?
When Things Go Wrong
Preparing for the Tax Man
Planning for Children or Grandchildren
Mom and Dads Basic Estate Tax Planning
Protecting Your Wealth with
Protecting Beneficiaries from Themselves
Estate Planning with
Using Trusts as Designated Beneficiaries
A List of Executor Duties and Tasks of Probate