ADHD 2.0: New Science and Essential Strategies for Thriving with Distraction--from Childhood through Adulthood
Random House Publishing Group, Jan 12, 2021 - Family & Relationships - 208 pages
A revolutionary new approach to ADD/ADHD featuring cutting-edge research and strategies to help readers thrive, by the bestselling authors of the seminal books Driven to Distraction and Delivered from Distraction
“An inspired road map for living with a distractible brain . . . If you or your child suffer from ADHD, this book should be on your shelf. It will give you courage and hope.”—Michael Thompson, Ph.D., New York Times bestselling co-author of Raising Cain
World-renowned authors Dr. Edward M. Hallowell and Dr. John J. Ratey literally “wrote the book” on ADD/ADHD more than two decades ago. Their bestseller, Driven to Distraction, largely introduced this diagnosis to the public and sold more than a million copies along the way.
Now, most people have heard of ADHD and know someone who may have it. But lost in the discussion of both childhood and adult diagnosis of ADHD is the potential upside: Many hugely successful entrepreneurs and highly creative people attribute their achievements to ADHD. Also unknown to most are the recent research developments, including innovations that give a clearer understanding of the ADHD brain in action. In ADHD 2.0, Drs. Hallowell and Ratey, both of whom have this “variable attention trait,” draw on the latest science to provide both parents and adults with ADHD a plan for minimizing the downside and maximizing the benefits of ADHD at any age. They offer an arsenal of new strategies and lifestyle hacks for thriving with ADHD, including
• Find the right kind of difficult. Use these behavior assessments to discover the work, activity, or creative outlet best suited to an individual’s unique strengths.
• Reimagine environment. What specific elements to look for—at home, at school, or in the workplace—to enhance the creativity and entrepreneurial spirit inherent in the ADHD mind.
• Embrace innate neurological tendencies. Take advantage of new findings about the brain’s default mode network and cerebellum, which confer major benefits for people with ADHD.
• Tap into the healing power of connection. Tips for establishing and maintaining positive connection “the other Vitamind C” and the best antidote to the negativity that plagues so many people with ADHD.
• Consider medication. Gets the facts about the underlying chemistry, side effects, and proven benefits of all the pharmaceutical options.
As inspiring as it is practical, ADHD 2.0 will help you tap into the power of this mercurial condition and find the key that unlocks potential.
What people are saying - Write a review
Reviews aren't verified, but Google checks for and removes fake content when it's identified
LibraryThing ReviewUser Review - Geekstress - LibraryThing
If you only buy one book on the topic of ADD/ADHD? Get this one. Edward Hallowell is the omni-expert on ADD/ADHD and is the one who originally released the ground breaking research on it decades ago ... Read full review
Understanding the Demon of the Mind
The Cerebellum Connection
The Healing Power of Connection
Find Your Right Difficult
Move to Focus Move to Motivate
Medication The Most Powerful Tool
Putting It All Together Find Your Feel
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual
Other editions - View all
activities Adderall addiction ADHD adults asked attention balance become behavior better brain called cause CENTER cerebellum chapter child coach comes condition connection create creative develop disabilities disorder Distraction dose drugs effects Email environment exercise experience explains feel focus friends function getting give Hallowell ideas imagination important increase it's keep kids kind lead learning lives look means medication mental mind minutes naturally never once organization parents patients person play positive practice Press problems Provides questions Ratey release Samuel side sleep social started stimulation strengths success SUPPORT symptoms tablet task teacher things tion treatment trouble turn understand VAST York