Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Arabula: Or, the Divine Guest. Containing a New Collection of Gospels
Andrew Jackson Davis
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
affections angels answer Arabula beautiful become behold believe Bible blessed body born called cause CHAPTER Christians comes consciousness darkness death divine earth equal eternal evil existence eyes face fact faith Father feeling flowers force give glory hand happiness harmony heart heaven higher holy hope human idea immortal individual infinite inspired instincts intellect intelligence knowledge land less light live look Lord man's matter means mind mother mountains mystery nature ness never object once organized origin passed perfect person philosophical possess possible present principles progress pure question reason religion religious seemed selfish sense soul speak sphere spirit stars thee things thou thought thousand tion true truth universe unto voice whole wisdom
64. oldal - And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field: upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life...
87. oldal - Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
281. oldal - Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and show John again those things which ye do hear and see : The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the Gospel preached to them.
288. oldal - And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous, I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
147. oldal - The latent tracts, the giddy heights, explore Of all who blindly creep, or sightless soar; Eye Nature's walks, shoot folly as it flies, And catch the manners living as they rise ; Laugh where we must, be candid where we can, But vindicate the ways of God to man.
282. oldal - If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, " Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them ;" thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
288. oldal - Isaac; (for the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth): it was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
375. oldal - Self-love but serves the virtuous mind to wake, As the small pebble stirs the peaceful lake; The centre moved, a circle straight succeeds, Another still, and still another spreads; Friend, parent, neighbour, first it will embrace; His country next; and next all human race...
281. oldal - Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.