A Century of Capricious Collecting, 1877-1970: From the Gallery in Science Hall to the Elvehjem Museum of Art
James Watrous explores the development of the University of Wisconsin’s art collections, and the campaign to create its eventual home, the Elvehjem Museum of Art, which opened in 1970 and changed it's name to the Chazen Museum of Art in 2005.
Distributed for the Chazen Museum of Art, University of Wisconsin–Madison
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Alumni House Architect Archives art collection art gallery Art History art storage Bascom Hall basement of Bascom Board of Regents campaign Campus Planning Catalogue Chairman Committee Conrad Elvehjem consin Curator Curtiss Davies Dean December Department of Art Director Donald donated donor Dykstra E. B. Fred Edwin Young Elvehjem Art Center Elvehjem Museum Ernst etching fourth floor Fund purchase Haight Harry Weese Inaugural Exhibition Ingraham James Watrous John Steuart Curry Lake Monona Landscape lection Lower Campus Madison Art Association Madison Daily Democrat Memorial Millard F Milwaukee monies Museum of Art October oil on canvas Oscar Rennebohm Oskar F. L. Hagen Paige Court President Elvehjem Print and Drawing printmaking Proposed New Mall Regents Record Registrar Reinsch Rogers Rojtman Room Science Hall sculptures September Slichter tion University of Wisconsin University of Wisconsin–Madison University purchase versity WARF Washburn Observatory Wisconsin Alumnus Wisconsin Foundation Wisconsin State Journal Wisconsin Union woodcut