A Curriculum for the Pre-School Child
First published in 1986, this book has been enormously influential in the training and professional development of early years workers. This new edition has been fully revised to take account of changes in the National Curriculum, the publication of the government's 'desirable outcomes' statement for the under-fives, and the introduction of NVQ's in child care and education. The new edition also includes sections on:
* the effects of developmental psychology on the early years curriculum
* working with two-year-olds on self-awareness and social skills
* developing communication, motor, analytical and problem solving skills
* fostering aesthetic and creative awareness
* play and the learning environment
* record-keeping and assessment
* involving parents
* continuity from pre-schooling to statutory schooling.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.