A Day in India
HarperCollins Publishers Limited, 2010 - Children's easy readers - 16 pages
Find out all about living in India as we follow Gini on a day in her life in Jaipur. Who's in her family, what does she like to eat and what's her school like? This non-fiction recount, written and beautifully photographed by Jonathan and Angela Scott, answers all these questions and more, telling us all about Gini's life.
* Orange/Band 6 books offer varied text and characters, with action sustained over several pages.
* Text type: A non-fiction recount.
* A spider diagram on pages 22 and 23 shows all the main aspects of Gini's day, and helps children recap the main features of life in India.
* Additional retrieval devices such as a glossary and index can be evaluated for their usefulness as children develop critical reading skills.
* Curriculum links: Geography: A village in India; Passport to the world; Citizenship: Living in a diverse world