A First Course in Linear Algebra with Applications
This text intends to transform students from passive observers of mathematics to participants in it. The book employs a spiral development of ideas to blend the requirements of problem solving, analytical thinking, computational technique, and applications, and emphasizes the interplay of algebraic and geometric concepts. It includes an extensive number of exercises, ranging from routine to challenging. The Third Edition offers 40 percent new material, including manynew applications. It incorporates MATLAB to demonstrate how computational software tools can be used in this field.
* Offers a proven, successful approach to Linear Algebra
* Contains a practical presentation, illuminating examples, and exceptional exercises, thus enabling instructors to emphasize computational techniques, theoretical material, and applications
* Includes a wide variety of effective applications
* Provides a student friendly writing style
* Begins with the familiar and proceeds to the new in a well-motivated manner
* Acknowledges current reforms and proceeds from there
* Explains how to solve some examples in MATLAB, demonstrating how such software tools can be used in this field
* Includes student projects at close of chapter exercise sets
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.