A Harmony of the Four Gospels: in which the Natural Order of Each is Preserved, 1. kötet
Longman, Hurst, 1809
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according Acts angel answered apostles appears asked authority baptism began beginning behold believe bread brought called cast Christ concerning cured death devil disciples entered evangelists expression father Galilee gave give given gospels hand happened hath heard heaven Herod Holy immediately Jerusalem Jesus Jewish Jews John Josephus Judea kind king kingdom land likewise lived Lord Lord's Luke manner Mark Matt matter Matthew means mentioned Messiah miracles mother multitude nature observed occasion opinion particular pass passage passover persons Peter Pharisees plain possessed preached priests probable prophet reason received say unto scripture Sect seems sent shew spake speak spirit supposed taken tells temple thee things thou thought tion told took truth unto whole writings
302. oldal - The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
279. oldal - Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon. And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.
308. oldal - And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them : then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
147. oldal - Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven: therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
229. oldal - And he said Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
213. oldal - And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.
282. oldal - And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat : But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
302. oldal - For these things were done that the Scripture should be fulfilled, "A bone of him shall not be broken.
224. oldal - For Herod feared John, knowing that he was a just man and an holy, and observed him ; and when he heard him, he did many things, and heard him gladly.
309. oldal - Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, "We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately ; and that, night they caught nothing. But when the morning was now come, Jesus stood on the shore ; but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus.