A History of Psychology: A Global Perspective: A Global Perspective
A contemporary and engaging student friendly text with a multinational focus conveys the dynamism of the science of psychology. Student focused features offer social context, explore interdisciplinary relationships, reinforce critical thinking and ultimately show the impact and application of the science.
- Each chapter begins with a highly engaging vignette or opening case, which features a familiar-to-most-students theme or topic.
- Multinational and multicultural emphasis examines the development of psychology from around the world.
- The text examines contemporary psychology yet does not give short shrift to the roots of psychology.
- Each chapter contains a section on the impact of psychology on society as well as societal influences on the discipline which includes its influence in various fields such as medicine, education, work, criminal justice, business, advertising, and entertainment.
- 'Case In Point' boxes give students the opportunity to come to their own conclusions about issues and think critically about biases that may have influenced psychology.
- Chapter opening time charts place main events, names, and theories in a visual, chronological perspective of psychology's past and present
- 'In their own words' boxes display quotes made by famous psychologists and other scholars about psychological research and its applications
- Checkpoints, chapter summaries and end-of-chapter key terms help students review and prepare for exams
What people are saying - Write a review