A Lithgow Palooza!
What's a palooza?
An activity that keeps kids from uttering those terrifying words, "I'm bored!"
You may know John Lithgow as star of stage, screen, and television or even as a bestselling children's book author. But his most important role -- parent -- was also the most fun. Whether building cardboard castles or putting on a King and I puppet show or conducting a treasure hunt in the National Gallery of Art, John has spent years perfecting the art of the palooza.
A palooza is easy to do!
• A palooza doesn't cost much (some cost absolutely nothing)
• A palooza is instigated or organized by parents but is quickly taken over by children
• A palooza may involve a computer but never the TV
• A palooza may use all varieties of arts and crafts
• A palooza may secretly teach children (and parents!) a thing or two
• A palooza is entertaining for the entire family
• A palooza depends entirely on the inexhaustible creativity, ingenuity, imagination, and sense of fun of young minds
This book contains 101 ideas for creating paloozas for children ages 3 to 12 wherever you are. Grouped according to interests and themes -- like art, drama, music, vacations, and birthdays -- and incorporating lots of extrapaloozas, fun facts for parent and child, and suggested additional reading for all ages, John's paloozas range from adopting your own soup can for a day to inventing your own secret language to establishing left-handed day or creating a self-portrait. A Lithgow Palooza! is an utterly unique collection of original activities guaranteed to transform any household from bored to bubbling with fun.
What people are saying - Write a review
A Lithgow palooza!: 101 ways to entertain and inspire your kidsUser Review - Not Available - Book Verdict
Both of these books offer innovative ideas for spending quality time with children and quelling all-too-persistent boredom. Kettman, a grandmother and author (The 12 Rules of Grandparenting ... Read full review