Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
already amongst ancient animals appeared Arabs arms Assyrian banks bas-reliefs bricks brought building built bull called carried centre Chaldæans chamber character chariot chief Christians completely containing covered described difficulty discovered discovery earth East entered entrance evidently excavations face feet figures followed formed four frequently hand head horses houses inhabitants inscriptions interest journey Khorsabad king Kouyunjik Kurds leave lions looked Mosul mound mountains nature nearly night Nimroud object once opened original ornaments palace party Pasha passed period Persian plain present priests principal probably raised reached received remains removed represented resembling rest river rocks round ruins scarcely sculptures sent Sheikh side similar slabs soon standing stones taken tents tomb trees trenches tribe valley village walls wandered warriors whilst whole winged women workmen Yezidis
325. oldal - Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand; 7 to execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; ' to bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; 'to execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints.
255. oldal - Therefore, thus saith the Lord concerning the king of Assyria, He shall not come into this city, nor shoot an arrow there, nor come before it with shield, nor cast a bank against it.
309. oldal - Chaldeans pourtrayed with vermilion, girded with girdles upon their loins, exceeding in dyed attire upon their heads, all of them princes to look to, after the manner of the Babylonians of Chaldea, the land of their nativity...
96. oldal - When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and took them ; and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it.
xiv. oldal - Oh that my words were now written! Oh that they were printed in a book! That they were graven with an iron pen and lead In the rock for ever!
256. oldal - When thou shalt besiege a city a long time, in making war against it to take it, thou shalt not destroy the trees thereof by forcing an axe against them: for thou mayest eat of them, and thou shalt not cut them down (for the tree of the field is man's life) to employ them in the siege: 20 Only the trees which thou knowest that they be not trees for meat, thou shalt destroy and cut them down; and thou shalt build bulwarks against the city that maketh war with thee, until it be subdued.
216. oldal - How then wilt thou turn away the face of one captain of the least of my master's servants, and put thy trust on Egypt for chariots and for horsemen ? 25 Am I now come up without; the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.
48. oldal - ... hasten to the diggers, for they have found Nimrod himself. Wallah, it is wonderful, but it is true! we have seen him with our eyes. There is no God but God;" and both joining in this pious exclamation, they galloped off, without further words, in the direction of their tents.