A Practical Guide to Earned Value Project Management
Now you don't have to know accounting to understand and reap the benefits of earned value project management. In one convenient resource, A Practical Guide to Earned Value Project Management spells out everything you need to know to use this highly effective project management tool.
First you'll get an overview of the earned value management system (EVMS) and how it's used. Then you'll take a look at the 32 criteria - and learn how each corresponds with successful project management. Next, you'll move through the lifecycle of a sample project to see how the components of the earned value system are applied. Along the way, you'll learn how to:
- Interpret and use the earned value management system to manage your projects
- Compute variances that are more meaningful to project owners and project teams
- Design reports and graphs with more valuable information
- Address unfavorable earned value metrics
- Compare projects to better understand which ones are doing well, which are in trouble, and which need to go
With A Practical Guide to Earned Value Project Management, you'll gain an understanding of the EVMS, develop skills for using the system yourself, and learn techniques for meeting EVMS criteria - everything you need to complete projects successfully!