Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Practical Manual of Elocution: Embracing Voice and Gesture; Designed for ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
accent action advance appear applied become body Cadence called changes character close combined consists delivery designated dignity direct discourse distinct downward effect elements Elocution emphasis emphatic employed entire equal examples excellence exercise exhibit expression extended fall feeling fifth fingers foot force gesture give given grace hand head heard heart heaven illustrate important kind king laid language learned learner less live marked measure melody mind move movement natural never object occur orator oratory pass passions pause perfect pitch position practice presented principles quantity Radical reading reference regard remarked requires rest rising rules sentence sentiment short side single slide sound speaker speaking speech stress successive syllables Table thee thing third thou thought tion tones utterance Vanishing vocal voice vowels wave
144. oldal - And let those that play your clowns, speak no more than is set down for them : for there be of them, that will themselves laugh, to set on some quantity of barren spectators to laugh too ; though, in the mean time, some necessary question of the play be then to be considered: that's villainous; and . shows a most pitiful ambition in the fool that uses it.
131. oldal - The gay will laugh When thou art gone, the solemn brood of care Plod on, and each one, as before, will chase His favorite phantom ; yet all these shall leave Their mirth and their employments, and shall come And make their bed with thee.
110. oldal - Perhaps thou gavest me, though unfelt, a kiss ; Perhaps a tear, if souls can weep in bliss ; Ah, that maternal smile, it answers yes ! I heard the bell tolled on thy burial day, I saw the hearse that bore thee slow away, And, turning from my nursery window, drew A long, long sigh, and wept a last adieu ! But was it such ? It was.
129. oldal - HAIL, holy Light, offspring of Heaven first-born! Or of the Eternal coeternal beam May I express thee unblamed? since God is light, And never but in unapproached light Dwelt from eternity — dwelt then in thee, Bright effluence of bright essence increate!
165. oldal - Julius bleed for justice' sake ? What villain touch'd his body, that did stab, And not for justice ? What, shall one of us, That struck the foremost man of all this world But for supporting robbers, shall we now Contaminate our fingers with base bribes, And sell the mighty space of our large honours For so much trash as may be grasped thus ? — I had rather be a dog, and bay the moon, Than such a Roman.
112. oldal - You say you are a better soldier: Let it appear so; make your vaunting true, And it shall please me well. For mine own part, I shall be glad to learn of noble men. Cas. You wrong me every way, you wrong me, Brutus; I said, an elder soldier, not a better: Did I say better?
210. oldal - Muse, that on the secret top Of Oreb, or of Sinai, didst inspire That shepherd, who first taught the chosen seed, In the beginning how the Heavens and Earth Rose out of Chaos...
150. oldal - This fellow's of exceeding honesty, And knows all qualities, with a learned spirit, Of human dealings. If I do prove her haggard, Though that her jesses were my dear heart-strings, I 'ld whistle her off and let her down the wind, To prey at fortune.